Kayak Rack Ground Screw Anchor Kit Including Cable Installation Details
- Insert the sharp tip of a spiral ring anchor into the dirt near the bottom under the center cross rail. Place one on each side of the center cross rail on the rack.
- Twist the anchor by hand so that it spirals into the soil. Use a metal bar or something strong that fits in the top ring of the anchor to turn in the ground. Stop when the spiraled section is completely hidden underground and only the ring on top of the anchor is visible.
- Run the cable through the ring at the top of the anchor, then pass this same line over and around the center cross rail on the kayak rack.
- Secure the cable using cable clamps provided. Tighten straps to keep the rack tight to the anchors in the ground.
- This method can be completed by using a kit purchased from LogKayakRack.com. This method can be used to protect the rack from being stolen or from strong winds.