Kayak Rack Details
Each rack we create is custom crafted and individually specific but there are many common features that all of our kayak/canoe racks share. Whether you’re looking at purchasing a dual, quad, or an 8 place storage rack the benefits are numerous. Below are a few:
- Each individually built kayak/canoe rack is constructed from Northern White Cedar which is rated best for weather resistance.
- Each rack has 4 5/8 inch post and feet and 3 in rails.
- Each rack is glued, bolted, and screwed with galvanized screws.
- Joinery where arms meet posts are 2 inch mortise and tenon giving full strength.
- Very strong, very durable
- Weights from 100 – 150 lbs. depending on size of rack.
- Easy to lift kayak and canoe in and out.
- Locking kayak is easy with a cable lock from local kayak store.
- Durable kayak storage racks, can carry the heaviest of canoes, kayaks, and boat loads!
- Soft rest UV webbing available and tie down safety straps available too.
- They can be bolted to dock or such or kit can be bought for anchoring to the ground.
- We can install strapping to prevent any wind blowing the kayak off (this would be a rare occurrence).
- Kayak comes in for pieces very simple to put together with a 7/16 inch socket and ratchet and short extension which is in all socket sets.
- For extra-long kayaks or canoes or boat, we can lengthen cross rails to accommodate.
- We can customize any custom rack for your row boat, paddle boat, etc…
- Several boats, kayaks, canoes, and paddle boats can fit together on the racks.
- Custom racks can be cemented into the ground or bolted to a platform.
- Call us directly for information as to which designs would work best for your assortment.
Storage Rack Finishing Details
When staining or finishing use a stain or outdoor finish in the color of your choice and follow the instructions that came with the specific product you have purchased. Breathable finishes will extend the life of the storage rack best. Make sure you let the wood age a bit prior to finishing it. This helps the stain to soak in. If you wish, you can also choose to leave it unfinished. In this case, it will weather to a gray color and still last for many years.
For specific questions, inquires or custom orders contact Log Kayak Rack at 1-715-543-2006.