Now that spring has arrived, are you getting the itch to spend your free time outdoors on the lake or ocean? If you live near water, are more of the adventurous type, and don’t like to sit still, investing in a kayak may be a smart move! Just think about how much fun you could have on a kayak exploring nature, fishing, and taking some time to wind down from your busy lifestyle. What is great about kayaking is that you can take it at your own pace. Enjoy a peaceful stroll on a nearby lake, or go all in and tackle the ocean’s waves! Once you purchase a kayak, it is important to think about how you will store it. At Log Kayak Rack, we love helping kayak owners like you preserve your kayak investment through our long lasting and reliable kayak storage systems.
Types of Kayaks
For the inexperienced kayaker, there is not just one type of kayak to purchase. First, you need to decide on how you plan to use your kayak. Once you have an idea, consider choosing from one of the many kayaks styles including:
- Recreational Kayak – The most basic kayak option available. This is great for beginners who plan to use their kayak on calm bodies of water. Experience is not a requirement if you plan on using a recreational kayak for your water adventures.
- Touring Kayak – For those kayakers that take your excursions on longer journeys in protected waters, a touring kayak is great because it specializes in going straight for longer periods of time.
- Sea Kayak – For the daredevil types that enjoy testing the limits, a sea kayak is a perfect kayak option. Tackle the unpredictable waters with a sea kayak this summer.
- Whitewater Kayak – Rapids are a common theme during whitewater excursions. If this is your passion, then consider investing in a whitewater kayak today.
- Surf Kayak – Similar to surfing, you can take a surf kayak out in the ocean to ride waves of all sizes.
- Sit-On-Top Kayak – Although you may not know much about this type of kayak, it is a very popular option. Join the trend and consider a sit-on-top kayak today.
Types of Kayak Storage
A kayak is a large investment, so it is important to have a storage system ready and available. That is where a partnership with the dedicated team at Log Kayak Rack comes in handy. Using reliable northern white cedar wood in all of our storage systems, we can keep your kayak protected from mother nature, bugs and water damage. We offer a wide variety of handcrafted kayak storage systems including:
- 2 Slot Kayak Rack
- 4 Slot Kayak Rack
- 6 Slot Kayak Rack
- Custom Kayak Rack
So, if you are in the market for a kayak, spend the time upfront to decide on the right type of kayak that will fit your needs. When it comes to storage, team up with our staff at Log Kayak Rack and keep your kayak(s) protected for years to come. Give us a call today at (715) 543-2006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.