When originally developing our kayak/canoe/SUP storage racks, our design team at Log Kayak Rack sought out to find wood that could hold up for decades around water and moist areas. After some detailed research, our staff pinpointed northern white cedar as the ideal type of wood to use in our storage racks. If you are in the market for an affordable storage rack that is built to last and will not be an eyesore on your property, look no further than our northern white cedar log kayak rack.
Benefits of Northern White Cedar
At Log Kayak Rack, we want to be known for creating handcrafted kayak/canoe/SUP storage racks that our customers can be proud of. By using northern white cedar in our storage racks, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Long Lasting – When you purchase one of our storage racks, you are investing in a system that will be around for up to 25 years.
- Lightweight – Research has shown that northern white cedar has the lowest density of any other domestic wood, making it easy for you to move your rack around wherever you desire.
- Rot and Termite Resistant – Another key benefit to using northern white cedar in our Log Kayak Rack is that this type of wood is rot and termite resistant.
- Weatherproof – Mother nature is often unpredictable. Our storage racks are very easy to dry and can hold up well against all types of weather that come your way.
- Easy to Work With – Creating custom kayak/canoe/SUP storage racks is one of our specialties at Log Kayak Rack. We needed to be able to utilize reliable wood that was easy to work with. Yet again, we were drawn to northern white cedar!
Log Kayak Rack Finishes
Depending on the look you are going for, we can apply one of our three wood finish options to your storage rack. All of our finishing options will last approximately 25 years, which far exceeds our competitor’s lifespan. These options include:
- Unfinished – If you are going for the simple look, our unfinished option is the perfect finish. Our unfinished look takes away the fear of having to worry about touch ups. We do want you to be aware that over time, the unfinished wood may begin to fade into a gray color.
- Natural – Our SuperDeck Natural stain focuses on the natural look of northern white cedar. This finish provides added UV and moisture protection for your storage rack. Over time, you may need to touch up a few spots to keep the finished look impeccable.
- Dark – Many of our customers prefer the dark wood look. If you fall in this category, we have a perfect finish for you. Consider our SuperDeck Canyon Brown finish that will stay dark for decades, with only touch ups being needed at times. This finish also provides added moisture and UV protection for your storage rack.
By using northern white cedar as the basis of our kayak/canoe/SUP storage racks, the team at Log Kayak Rack has been able to create handcrafted storage racks that are long lasting, attractive, and customizable. Give us a call today at 715-543-2006 or email email@example.com and choose from one of our three finishes, and let us create a custom storage rack for you!